Grants generally are made in the following program categories.
Health and Human Services
- Activities which promote community-based health care.
- Programs which provide emotional and pysical support to children, youth, adults, and senior citizens, as well as those which strengthen families and assist individuals with special needs.
- Programs which increase employment oppurtunites and provide a means for developing self-reliance, responsibility and productivity among individuals in need.
- Projects that enhance the quality of life in local communities and revitalize them.
- Programs which provide educational opportunities for individuals, including those with special needs.
- Programs which promote human relations and understanding among diverse populations
- Activities addressing the speacial needs of youth at risk for delinquency, school drop-out, abuse, neglect, and pregnancy.
- Activities that enable a broad spectrum of citizens to have access to artistic and cultural experiences which may otherwise be denied them.
- Programs which help preserve/exhibit historic, artistic and cultural treasures.
- On a very limited basis, fundraising efforts such as festivals, concerts and other events.