- All grant awards are subject to the vote of the full Trustee body.
- It is not the intention of the Trustees to establish a permanent grant relationship with grantees.
- During the period in which a present grantee is receiving tentative payments on a previously awarded grant, the Trustees will not entertain a new grant request until the multi-year commitment is completed.
- Additionally, for good and sufficient reasons, the Trustees reserve the right to cancel future grant payments on any multi-year commitments they have made.
- The Trustees will not award a new grant to an organization which has unfulfilled reporting requirements from a previous grant award.
With regard to types of grants, the Trustees do not make grant awards for:
- Financial support for individuals
- Endowment purposes
- Purchases of tickets for benefit purposes
- Coverage of continuing operating deficits
Concerning types of organizations, support is not provided to the following:
- Organizations not qualified for tax-exempt ststus under Section 501(c) (3) of the IRS code.
- Intermediate or pass-through organizations (other than United Way and Chester County Community Foundation) which in turn allocate funds to beneficiaries of their own selection.
- Groups such as fraternal organizations, political parties or candidates, veterans, labor or local civic groups, volunteer fire companies, and groups involved in influencing legislation.